Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Facing Death

My Grandfather is in the hospital and not doing well at all. To be as blunt as possible, he is dying. My Grandmother passed away in May (the first death ever in my family).

I am so conflicted at the moment.

On the one hand, I know that my Grandpa misses my Grandmother and longs to be with her. I also am convinced that he has a personal relationship with Jesus and knows Him as his Saviour. His death is not a terrible thing.

On the other hand, it is so hard seeing him fade away. I keep thinking of their home and what it will be like when neither of them are there, will it be just another house? I feel selfish for having those thoughts.

I'm finding it very difficult to concentrate on much.

I am working on taking every thought captive and washing my mind in Truth, but my emotions sometimes get the better of me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I don't have any words of wisdom, but I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is greatly appreciated! In order to avoid those nasty trolls, comments will be moderated by castle security.