Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hero


I have been avoiding this 'blog for awhile. I wanted to avoid typing the inevitable. Yet, here I am.
My Grandfather passed away a week ago Sunday.

Yes, 6 months and 1 day after my Grandmother.

It just doesn't seem possible that they are both gone.

Yet, I have the assurance that they were believers and I will be reunited with them in heaven.

But it hurts now.

My Popaw was a WWII Normandy Beach Veteran and was given full military rites at his funeral. It was POWERFUL.

I just wished my Popaw could have seen it.


(Front Row, first on the left is my Grandpa)


I love you, Popaw! You always will be one of my heroes!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is greatly appreciated! In order to avoid those nasty trolls, comments will be moderated by castle security.